Friday, March 27, 2009

Sharing the Virtual Life

For a long clip I have got wanted my ain website. Over my seventy-six old age I have got written many words on many pages. Some professionally, some in missive word form and many to make with my work within the field of personal and Negro spiritual development. They all sat there, on my computing machine waiting patiently to be published in one manner or another.

Of course, writing a book was the obvious solution. However, I am an Ram person, well endowed with the restlessness that often travels with this mark of the zodiac. Publication through normal channels takes a immense amount of clip and energy. So, now of an age when not too certain of how much clip I have got left, I took the leap and hoped that a website would supply an blink of an eye solution. In other words - my land site is my book. It includes some of my writings, as well as ideas and feelings about this life that we all live. However things have got got not turned out quite as expected - but much more than interesting for me, and for my readers as I am discovering.

We have been 'out there' in internet for about four calendar months now. I have got establish that this land site takes me, rather than other manner round. Luckily Iodine am fairly flexible and just follow what come ups into my life, correspondence, the people met and the contacts made.

There is a subdivision called Conversations - this is the engine (a blog actually) that tallies the site. It open ups doors to conversations as well as to the most fantastic and beautiful pieces of authorship from all ages, backgrounds and interests. We have got news points and comments, poetry, narratives and the chance of interaction.

The original thought was for a land site for the over 50s that would cover, in depth, the joyousnesses and unhappiness of growing older. We wanted to go forth all the practical material to the 40 or so other land sites in the same niche market. Our land site would cover the emotional questions, the exhilaration of new ways of apprehension and the depth and profusion to be uncovered in these future old age of life. Well, conjecture what - we have letters from much little people also, from all walkings of life who bask what looks there in the free newsletters and also the ever-changing contented of the conversations.

But, readers beware! If you are thinking of doing something similar, and have got an thought of how much clip it will take - multiply that clip by at least three! Iodine certainly pass much more than than clip sitting at the computing machine than is healthy for me. I was blessed in having a boy who designed the land site and a Webmaster who maintains me more or less sane. These are both immature work force with large Black Maria to whom I owe a lot. I have got got definitely needed their expert skills.

AND I would promote you strongly, to have a go. So much profusion have come up into my life since moving out into the practical world. Lost friendly relationships have got got got been re-awakened, interesting aliens have made contact and a whole human race of beauty, merriment and inspiration have come up my way.

So, have a expression - and delight direct me your remarks and suggestions:

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home