Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Value of Self

For many old age now, I have got kept a journal. And for the past twelvemonth or so, I have got been journalling about how I can possibly larn to value myself. Because I didn't, you see. Coming from a traumatic childhood, I never believed I had any value. And Iodine finally began to see that my day-to-day actions were telling me just how small I thought of myself. But I didn't cognize how to change!

So, I began to watch people. People I knew. People I didn't know. People on the street, in the malls, everywhere I was, I watched what people did, how they treated themselves, what picks they made--even little ones! And along with watching people, I began to read about how to value myself. I read that people who value themselves do good picks for their ain lives. They understand how to make things (like imbibing and eating, for example) in moderation. They understand how much they can manage in a day. They understand their work habits, and they take attention of their physical body. They do good nutrient choices. They exercise. They acquire enough rest. I read all this and more than about how a individual acts in their day-to-day life, when they believe they have got value.

As I read all this, I watched people whenever I went out to the promenade or to the park. I saw the smugglers in their athletics gear, running along the pavements or down the street. Why make they run? They run because they care enough about their wellness to desire to maintain their organic structures in good shape. They desire to have got more than energy. Because they value themselves, they run. Amongst other things. Whenever I would travel to the nutrient carnival at the mall, I would watch people. I watched the picks they made in foods. I saw the healthy looking people choosing healthy nutrients in most cases. Why? Because healthy nutrient maintain their organic structures looking and feeling strong. And people who value themselves care enough about themselves to desire to remain healthy and energetic as much as they can.

And me? I believed I had very small value and I treated myself as such. I ate the incorrect things most of the time. I sat on the sofa most of the time. I overworked myself when at work, and then beat out myself up for not being good enough. I stayed up too late, I didn't kip well at night, sometimes I would really bust out on nutrient until I felt ill to my stomach. And other modern times I wouldn't eat at all. I battled dependences because I didn't cognize how to make things in moderation. I didn't cognize what was good for me and what was bad for me. And what's worse, I didn't really care. I was a mess! I looked bad, felt worse, and I hated myself. I lived mostly in 'overwhelm' mode. Why? Because I had NO thought that I was valuable. No 1 had ever told me! It was a atrocious portion of my life, and I'm glad to state with each passing play twenty-four hours Iodine am putting it behind me.

As I read, and as I watched, a few things became clear to me. I began to see that a individual that values themselves makes good things for him/herself. They handle themselves WELL. A foreign conception to me. They cognize who they are, how they feel, and what they need. And they do certain they acquire it. They give themselves ONLY good things! And it would never traverse their heads to mistreat themselves. That would be a foreign conception to THEM!

One more than thing I have got learned about people who value themselves. They handle themselves WITH RESPECT! They are gentle and sort to themselves. Instead of whipping themselves up if something didn't travel as they'd planned (as I would do) they LOVED themselves through it. How could I larn to make this?

I learned to make this with the aid of a very fantastic counselor. She introduced me to my 'inner child'. And she asked me to handle that kid as I would any child--with loving attention and concern. And patience. It was a hard thing to learn. When I began bashing myself over something, I would seek to believe of the child--would I really handle a kid this way? When I saw myself as having an interior kid that needful love and care, I began to change. It took time. tons of time. But it's one manner I have got got learned (and am still learning) that I have value. I am valuable! And I rate to handle myself with love and respect. I also began to talk to that portion of my kid that 'didn't care'. I had to admit her feelings. I had to seek to understand why she didn't care. And I've had to state her that it's important to care!  So very, very slowly the kid in me is learning that it's important to care about self.

It's a procedure I'm calm learning. But slowly I'm beginning dainty myself as if I matter. In my twenty-four hours to twenty-four hours life, that is. Iodine am making better choices. I am loving ego more. I am keeping promises to myself more than often--instead of making and breakage promises like I used to. I am giving myself permission to be happy, and to desire good things for my life. It's been life-altering, truly it has. And I must acknowledge it experiences really, REALLY good to finally get to care.....about ME.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home